Cavere Intermediary refreshes home insurance product – Insurance Age
Policy is underwritten by Ageas and has been made available to the broker market.
Cavere Intermediary is set to launch an upgraded home insurance policy, underwritten by Ageas Insurance.
The provider stated that the product will be available to brokers from June this year, adding that the policy had been designed to provide comprehensive insurance with higher cover levels and claim limits.
It detailed that the new offering had been redefined to be simple to read and understand.
According to Cavere, the key features of the refreshed policy include:
- Maximum claim limit for contents of £100,000
- 60 days un-occupancy cover as opposed to the standard of 30
- Cover for valuables within the home increased to 30%
- Maximum item limit for amount for contents in the open of £500
- The maximum claim amount for garden cover has increased to £1,500
- Bicycle cover up to £1,000 or if specified up to £2,500 per bike to a max of £20,000
Paul Thompson, managing director at Cavere, commented: “We believe that getting right first time solutions for each customer and their individual needs and risks requires an innovative approach – this product ensures the best possible value for money when compared with standard offerings offered by GI panels.”
Chris Dobson, distribution and development director at Ageas, added: “Ageas have been extremely impressed with the speed, agility and expertise that Cavere have demonstrated when developing this upgraded Household product.”
Cavere Intermediary launched in January 2019 and its product range currently includes home insurance, landlords’ and tenants’ insurance, personal accident, travel and non-standard insurance cover.
Ida Axling – News Editor, Insurance Age